4.14.2009

Two Clicks are Better Than One...Sometimes


Multiple Clicks to Select Text

Selecting Text with Multiple Clicks



Working in a middle school, I am usually scolding hyper-active students (and their oft as impatient teachers) to stop clicking, or at least to click once and wait for a result before clicking again. But, multiple clicks do have their place in productive computering; besides the obvious double-click used to open folders & files, clicking multiple times in a row can be used to quickly select text. Clicking twice selects the word on which you clicked, and clicking three times selects the element on which you clicked, e.g. an entire paragraph. I use the triple click most often when I want to enter a new URL into my browser - clicking three times inside the address bar highlights the current URL, which I can then replace with a different one.

No comments:

Post a Comment