2.18.2009

Read Meme

Questions are from Booklist Online (with a few spelling/grammar corrections).

  1. Which book has been on your shelves the longest?
    The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear by Don Wood

  2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you’ll read next?
    Current:The Meq by Steve Cash. Last: Freakonomics by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner. Next: Shibumi by Trevanian.

  3. What book did everyone like and you hated?
    The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

  4. Which book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
    Twilight by Stepanie Meyer

  5. Which book are you saving for “retirement?”
    The original Dao De Jing by Lao Zi

  6. Last page: read it first or wait ‘til the end?
    Always wait!

  7. Acknowldgements: waste of ink and paper or interesting aside?
    Acknowldgements are boring, dedications are more interesting; everyone acknowledges their publisher, but dedications tend to be more telling.

  8. Which book character would you switch places with?
    Lirael (From Lirael & The Abhorsen by Garth Nix). She works in a magical library, has a smart-ass dog for a best friend, and fights the undead & other evils with her special powers – what’s not to want?

  9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life (a person, a place, a time)?
    The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles by Julie Andrews Edwards will always remind of the 4th grade, because it was that book that inspired me to write a 42-page adventure story for my creative writing assignment. Also, Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss will always remind me of Lake Itasca, because it was there that I read my first book (i.e. Hop on Pop) by myself.

  10. Name a book you acquired in some interesting way.
    There are a few that I’ve accidentally stolen from libraries (seriously, unintentional). I’ll give them back…eventually.

  11. Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?
    Well, not gave away, but rather gave as a gift - my siblings and I gave my mom Love You Forever by Robert N. Munsch (along with a box of Kleenex) for Xmas one year. She used to read it to us all the time when we were little, and always needed a tissue afterwards…she needed them at Xmas as well. :)

  12. Which book has been with you to the most places?
    The Giver by Lois Lowry - it was the only book I brought with me to China.

  13. Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad ten years later?
    I never read the required reading in high school, so no. That, and it hasn't been 10 years since I was in high school...

  14. What is the strangest item you’ve ever found in a book?
    A lock of hair.

  15. Used or brand new?
    Used. Even if I could afford new, I prefer the character of used books, especially ones with notes or signatures on the inside covers.

  16. Stephen King: Literary genius or opiate of the masses?
    Wouldn't know; I've never read any of his books.

  17. Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book?
    The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger

  18. Conversely, which book should NEVER have been introduced to celluloid?
    Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg or the Golden Compass by Philip Pullman.

  19. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?
    Katie.

2 comments:

  1. Caitlin, the Eight is a little like a toned-down version of DaVinci Code. I'm enjoying it. It's a pretty quick read. Thanks for sharing this meme, it was a fun diversion. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete